The European Consumer Debt Network (ECDN), under the supervision of the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency (EISMEA), started a project, regarding the preparation of the implementation of the new credit directive: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=COM:2021:347:FIN with 2 main objectives:
- increase the accessibility of debt advice services;
- improve the operational effectiveness of the structures for providing debt advice services through the creation or the strengthening of specific networks of experts, technicians, and debt advisors.
This project is launched in 13 countries, including Bulgaria. Temida as an independent foundation for financial literacy and debt advise has been selected as partner of ECDN and will coordinate the project for Bulgaria.
Please find enclosed the 3 main activities of the project from ECDN:
- Online Knowledge Platform;
- Online network community;
- Online Academy;
- Research in the field of indebtedness, financial literacy and consumer protection.
Regarding the role and profile of the support person:
Role and tasks:
- Research on debt advise in BG;
- Translation quality control for web page;
- Participate in the set up of a local website (in terms of the content, most of it is already on ECDN and Temida)
- Follow lex.bg on development of legal frame;
- Support in organizing the 6 webinars and meetings with stakeholders;
- Peer-to-peer interaction.
- Knowledge and interest in debt advise;
- Good writing;
- Analytical skills;
- Fluent in English.
Payment is fixed to 2000 euro for 40 days time in the period 01.11.2022-01.12.2023. The workload has to be documented by time sheets to the Bulgarian coordinator.
ABBAL Willy Pierre, coordinator for Bulgaria, e-mail: [email protected]
Assoc. Prof. Deyan Radev, PhD, e-mail: [email protected]